Life is not about what people think of you, or what you own, or how qualified you may be, or how you look, or even how you feel, life is about loving people. It’s about taking time to get to know a person, before judging them. It’s about understanding that people are how they are because of their life and the things that have happened to them. It’s about knowing that each person you see has had struggles and trials of their own. It’s about living life with people and not keeping them at arms length. It’s about being willing to get messy with them. Life is about loving people. Sometimes I forget that
- a 5 years old: Love is when he takes my chocolates and comes back with its wrapper.
- a 10 years old: Love is when we work for a project and he intentionally touch my hand trying to get a pen.
- a 15 years old: Love is when we get caught bunking and he takes the blame.
- a 18 years old: Love is when at farewell he hugs me saying keep in touch.
- a 21 years old: Love is when he runs from college with me just for a week long trip together.
- a 28 years old: Love is when he proposes me with a rose and makes a fool of himself and says you know i love you.
- a 35 years old: Love is when he cleans the house seeing me tired.
- a 50 years old: Love is when he is ill and still cracks a joke just to make me laugh.
- a 60 years old: Love is when he is taking his last breath and saying i am glad as you know what love is and leaves me with a tear forever.